Most frequently cited international scientists
01 December 2016
Five researchers from Utrecht are recorded on the list of most frequently cited international scientists. Three of those five researchers are attached to the Julius Center as can be deduced from the list of Highly Cited Researchers 2016 published by Thomson Reuters.
The researchers belong to the 1% most cited scientists in their field in the world as was established through publications published between 2004 and 2014. Thomson Reuters' annual list of Highly Cited Researchers is based on the number of citations of individual scientists in scientific journals. The citation list for 2016 contains a total of 3,265 scientists.
The five scientists from Utrecht included in the list of Highly Cited Researchers 2016 are:
- Rick Grobbee, Professor of Clinical Epidemiology and chair of the Center for Circulatory Health
- Arno Hoes, Professor of Clinical Epidemiology and General Practice
- Hans Clevers, Hubrecht Institute - Professor of Moleculair Genetics
- Carl Moons, Professor of Clinical Epidemiology
- Martijn van den Heuvel, Associate Professor Brain Center Rudolf Magnus